22 February 2007

::Haiti::




Haiti:

Capitol: Port-au-Prince

Population: 7,527,817 millionn with a growth rate of 1.8% per annum; 95% African descent, 5% mixed

Official Languages: Creole, French

Government: Republic type of government with a President directly elected by the people; a Prime Minister designated by the President from the majority party in the two-chamber Parliament, or in the absence of a majority, in consultation with the legislative leadership. President,Jean-Bertrand Aristide; Prime Minister : Yvon Neptune.

Currency: Gourde; US$ 1 = Gdes 40 (October 2003)

+++++++++++++++

I had plans, and they seemed legitimate. Mission trip to Wales? I am so there! I have wanted to go to the UK longer than I can remember, and since recently I felt God was laying it on my heart. I wrote to the Sovereign Grace Churches in Wales and England, and got a repsonse from a cool young lady named Ruth. She lives in Wales, and I thought "this could be it- the roots are starting." so when I found out that there was going to be a team sent to Wales, I applied. We were told to put down our top 3 choices, so I listed 1. Wales 2. New Orleans, LA 3. La Paz, Bolivia.
As the time got closer to finding out our destiations, I was more and more certain that I was getting my wish. but, like He usually does, God had other plans. After weeks of tormentuous waiting, the letter came (when I wasn't expecting it, which made a nice suprise). My eyes quickly scrolled down to the highlighted part that read... Haiti?!?! What? that wasn't even an option to me! it wasn't even in the top 5! confusion. SHOCK. What the heck is going on? so to make a long story a shortish story, no, the wrong letter was not put in the wrong envelope, God must have said "Jeremy, send Rebekah Schwab to Haiti."



Yup. so I'm going to Haiti (not Hades, thankfully, I'm saved that punishment). I am so excited, I want to scream! the more I read about it, the more I learn, the more excited I am. It sounds so adventurous, and I know God has great plans for the trip. now I just have to wait to get details (I love details). At least I know I most likely will not have to get any shots, since I got them 2 years ago, and most of them are good for several years.

so this is a rather scatter-brained post, but I am so very excited and amazed at God's goodness and sovereignty, I have to write (type) it all out. I know He will use this time to teach me to Trust in Him, and teach me many other things that I need to learn.

*sigh* life is good.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work fro the good, for those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has something planned for our little beks. sniffle. sniffle.


wales is cool. haiti is coolER.

Anonymous said...

i wonder if dams is going to hades?

:) LOL (:

Anonymous said...

smileys r fake? what?

haha. someone told me when I wasn't so sure about Haiti, that is was a good thing they aren't sending me to Hades. haha.

Anonymous said...

well hades needs all the help it can get right?

Aly Sczebel said...

lucky duck beks.

Yay! when do you go? i'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

can i just say that you're amazing?
seriously, when we were talking on the phone i realized how much your pursuit of godliness affects me. i'm so used to being encouraged/ conivcted by you i don't really notice it's happening.
i am not making sense. i think you know what i mean...

God's got something big for you this year. even if it doesn't feel big. it will be.

she's gone june 4-11.

Anonymous said...

Is your glass half full or half empty? Is a closed door a barrier to happiness or an arrow directing you towards the pathway? "Not yet", is merely an opportunity in waiting. "Yes", is a blessing ready to be unwrapped. "No", is passing by the average for the following extraordinary! Here is wisdom, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Anonymous said...

hey i read that somewhere. where is it from?

Anonymous said...

1 Thessalonians 5:16, 17, & 18

Anonymous said...

if you're going to insist on being "unknown" jake, please be creative. no "anonymous" for you. we know you can think up something better. ;)

Anonymous said...

Faith, Faith that You will do everything that You have promised because You are sovereign over all things!

Hope, Hope that Your hand will always move deeply in my heart so that I can know You.

Love, Love that was given first by You. A love that has no bounds and that is immeasurable!

1st Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Truly Love is the greatest of these!

Anonymous said...

wow, how creative.

When did U get poetic?

Anonymous said...

In the advent of Who
In the arrival to come
All that face an addu
A requite made undone

To some that may listen
To others find pass
When wind makes is choices
Will such cup everlast?

As for me I may blunder
And I'm sure I'll be crass
But by grace be assurance
Bid my voice merely ask

5 cool points if know what this poem is about

Anonymous said...

5 cool points as in not just points, but something special, like a prize?? haha.

that is a tricky poem. a riddle. (befuddled, she scratches her head, nonplussed at the intriging cryptogram).

Anonymous said...

The key is in the Capital grammar

Anonymous said...

that's what I thought... so is it Christ and His return? or His call to Salvation?

Anonymous said...

answers??????

Anonymous said...

1st Stanza
"When God returns as He promised at the end of the age we will all be judged?"

2nd Stanza
"Why is it that some hear God call them to repentance and others do not? This decision will fate your eternity."

3rd Stanza
"I'm no better than anyone else. I didn't earn anything. My confidence is in asking Jesus for forgiveness."

Anonymous said...

cool. who wrote that?

Anonymous said...

Per--------------------------------
--h--------------------------------
--aps------------------------------
------I-sho------------------------
----------u------------------------
----------l------------------------
----------d------------------------
------------tell-you-th------------
----------------------a------------
----------------------t-it-was-m---
--------------------------------e--